Sunday, March 28, 2010

Metairie Baptist's 80th Anniversary!

Today was our church's 80th anniversary celebration! The weather couldn't have been better for this day either. It was another gorgeous spring day! I feel like NOLA has had one of the prettiest springs I can remember. It has stayed fairly cool and not muggy!
First the church had a outdoor breakfast/fellowship time. We got there late to this. I didn't feel like we needed to rush to get to this because I didn't know what Colby would do for an hour anyway. So we got there around 9:40 just enough time to let him play outside for a little bit. Once again he decided to be very shy and clingy. I am not sure what is up with this new phase he is going through. Close to 10 we brought him back to the nursery to go to extended care while Austin and I sat in worship. I was a little worried how he would do since he has been so shy these last few days. But once he got in the nursery he headed right for his classroom and didn't even notice me slip out the door. I always pray that he has fun while he is back there. I think that he does because he always seems happy to be at church and is never crying when I pick him up.
The worship service was very nice. They even showed a slide show and Colby and I were both in it!
After the service there was a churchwide meal. They had chicken and many many sides and desserts. Its always a little hectic at these type events with Colby but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. They had it set up really nice for people with young children. They had it to where we got to go to the front which was really nice. Its not for my benefit but for the fact that the children are starving. Colby loved his Grammy's green beans but wasn't into the other food. I got him to eat some chicken a few strawberries and applesauce but he was more interested in playing.
Overall it was a great day! We came home and all took naps. But this evening we had a great time outside. We ate dinner out there and let Colby run around with Allie and Bailey then we went for a walk. Colby's new thing is to walk the block like a big boy. So much for the stroller. He still lets me push him during the day but at night with the family he wants to walk. Only problem is it takes him twice as long b/c we have to stop and smell the roses (literally) and touch every flower or truck/car in sight! Oh well we had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment