Sunday, March 14, 2010

Momma's Heartache




So my little man is still battling this bug. We thought yesterday he was pretty much done but then he threw up the mac n cheese I made him for dinner last night. Probably shouldn't have made something that heavy but since he made it through the day I figured it would be ok. Plus he was so excited...he loves his mac n cheese! Poor guy still wanted to eat more even after he threw it up. He managed to hold down yogurt though and some fruit. He seemed pretty ok before bedtime but you could tell he was tired and probably hungry from not eating much. I fixed him some sprite again and he only drank about half.


Well when Austin and I got ready for bed I went in to check on him and I could tell he had a dirty diaper so I got him up and changed him then tried to make him drink some juice. Well he had no part of it and I went to bed so worried he was going to be dehydrated. Typically he drinks SO much doing the day and his diapers have not been nearly as wet as they normally are either.


So I knew I would have to go in his room a couple times last night to check on him for my peace of mind. Well around 1 I went in there and he was on the opposite side of the bed sleeping...made me feel better that he had actually moved around that much. Then around 5:30 I went back in and could tell he had another dirty diaper. Got him up and changed him and poor guy his little butt is soo red and sore I feel so bad for him. I just want him to go a day without diarhea! So at this point he was grabbing for his juice but not sure if he wanted any or not. So I took his paci and encouraged him to drink. He slowly drank about 4 oz. After that I went and fixed him some Sprite and applesauce. He fought me at first but then was glad to have it. So that made me feel better that he now had liquids and something in his tummy! So after that I could tell he was still sleepy so I got him and rocked him for about 20 min. I couldn't help but tearing up while I rocked him. Partly b/c he is such a big boy now and the last time he really let me rock him like that he was probably 9 months old or something or younger. I also was upset to see my little boy not feel well at all. He has been off and on with this yuck since Thursday! I just want him to feel better. It hurts a mom's heart so much to see her child in pain or not feel good. I guess now I know how my mom feels or know why they always call and check on their kids or would do anything for us when we are sick? Because now I have been there with my son as sick and tired as I have been these last couple days I would much rather him feel good then me. So just pray that he feels better today and is able to hold down food and that by tomorrow he is completely rid of this!! I want my active little boy back!

No comments:

Post a Comment