Monday, March 15, 2010

Slow Recovery

So Colby is still battling this bug. This is the looongest and slooowest recovery we have ever had. Normally he is the kinda child that is sick 1 day but bounces back the next. This sickness has had him since Thursday and really for a few days it seemed as if he got worse before getting better. This is the first day that I say he is mildly improve and when I say mildly I mean it because its not HUGE.
So today he woke up and I thought surely he was better. He didn't have any diarhea over night which is a big thing! I think last night was the first night he didn't either throw up or poop in the middle of the night. His diaper was also closer to being as wet as it normally is too. He also immediately wanted to eat his peaches too. I then fixed his strawberries but he only ate a couple. He was ready for his oatmeal but after a few bites he acted like he was going to throw up. So I didn't make him eat the rest we moved on to yogurt instead. He kinda fought me but I wanted something in his tummy. He is atleast drinking better today. He downed most of his milk and then a cup of gatorade all before his nap. So that was a good sign too. At lunch he didn't want to eat much either and again acted like if I forced him he would throw up. He manged to eat a small amount of mashed potatoes and then applesauce.
He has played a good amount this morning but still doesn't act like he has as much energy as normal. I am just encouraged that he isn't going to dehydrate. So maybe by tomorrow his appetite will begin coming back. Also probably tmi but he only had one bout of diarhea today and it wasn't as liquidy as it has been so thats good too! I just pray he gets over it soon because it is getting old! But I am thankful b/c it could be so much worse just trying to keep that in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment