Monday, March 15, 2010

Too Pretty a Day to Pass Up!

So some reading this might think ok you took your kid to the park after all the complaining about him being sick?!? Well it was too pretty a day not to get him out and my belief is that a little sunshine can do a kid some good when they are sick! Plus there has been this new dog park we have been hearing about that we couldn't wait to take our lab to. So today we decided Colby was doing much better so we took them both.
You can read my earlier post and note that he's still not a 100% though but I think he was feeling well enough to enjoy the outdoors a bit. We probably would have stayed much longer if he would have been 100%. So we got to the park and Austin took Allie to the doggie park side and I took Colby to the kiddie park. Very conveniant that they share a parking lot! I couldn't believe how many kids and mommies though were at the kid park. There must have been over 30+ kids. There were toddlers and mommies running around everywhere. I think Colby had a lot of fun and he was curious about watching some of the bigger kids. His favorite part were running across this bridge and down this hill thing. He also enjoyed playing in the clover. Once he discovered the slide too he was all about that! We probably played for about 30 minutes. Like I said if he hadn't been sick we probably would have been out there over an hour. I think between him being still kinda sick and being so crowded he was done after 30 min. I would love to take him back out to this park though it was brand new and so nice and perfect for Colby's age. I just want to know when its not soo busy! I like there to be some kids when we go but not that many! That was just overwhelming! We had fun though and I was just glad we could say we got out the house and got to soak up this spring weather some! I didn't get any pictures I would have had tons of good shots but since I was supervising Colby alone and there were sooo many people around it made me nervous to worry about picture taking!
Apparantly Austin said Allie had a blast too though with her doggie friends. She met a really nice Huskie too I think he had a crush on her. His name was Aspen he was sad when we left! He also said Allie was very good at the park she minded her own business and was not aggressive at all with other dogs. She also appeared to be a little shy when other dogs got snippy with her! I am glad we got out and got to enjoy this day! Hopefully tomorrow will be an even better day! Colby is still showing slow signs of improvement. He is still eating light but drinking more so that is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment