Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ZOO day!


Today was yet again another gorgeous day! Gosh am I loving this spring weather! I feel like God has really blessed us this spring. Its so wonderful I think I appreciate it even more with a young child. Colby loves the outdoors so it has been great to soak up all this great weather. We had a really cold and wet winter so I think God is blessing us after dealing with that! The flowers and plants have been blooming so pretty this year after our unusually cold winter.

Anyways back to today. Well Austin was not orginally supossed to be off today but he said work was slow so he decided to take advantage of it and take another day off. Ofcourse Colby and I would not object! Once again we wanted to take advantage of the pretty day and go do something fun! We ended up picking the zoo. We figured it would be really quiet today. We were wrong but thats ok we still had fun! There were a lot of school groups there so we couldn't let Colby walk around the way I had hoped. I think he enjoyed himself though! He got a kick out of the elephants and giraffes again. He also enjoyed the birds and jaguar. He recognized the jaguar as a large kitty! He got to walk and climb some but it was too crowded to really let him go as he pleased. After the zoo we ate at McAlister's and once again he did really well! It was a great morning. Ofcourse again we plan to enjoy some more nice weather this afternoon in our yard and by taking a walk! Again can I say how much I love spring??? I mean I loved winter and cold weather too but I am just really enjoying our spring this year! I guess last year Colby wasn't old enough to do all these fun things so this year its so fun to take him places and let him explore and learn! The springtime is such a fun time to have a toddler I must say!

No comments:

Post a Comment