Saturday, March 6, 2010

weekend so far

So far our weekend has been great! It definitely got better from how my day began yesterday! Last night was the George Strait/Reba concert. We had a blast at it. LeAnn Womack even opened. I liked all 3 acts although I do think George Strait is honestly a little dull. I remembered this from when I went to the George Strait Fest like 10 years ago or something. But I thought that was just because I was in highschool and didn't like his music. I actually like a ton of his songs but last night it seemed like he didn't even sing a whole lot of the popular ones. I hate when singers do that! But Reba was awesome I love her anyway! It was a fun night just to get out with friends. I did miss my little guy though. We didn't get home until close to 12 so Austin and I ate a snack and just talked. It was nice to just visit just the 2 of us. I know we don't do that often enough. We got to bed probably around 1ish. That's late for us haha!
This morning I woke up at 8 I just couldn't sleep any longer even though we had no little boy here to wake us up! I guess I was anxious to go get him and enjoy the pretty weather. We went and picked him up at 9 and decided we would take him on out to the zoo. It was so pretty but I knew it would be crowded. This was Colby's 3rd trip to our zoo and gosh if I didn't forget our camera though! =( I am gonna have to take him back soon just to make up for that. We decided we would rent a wagon there I figured he might like that more then a stroller. At first he wasn't sure about it but then I think he ended up really liking it! I think he could have rode in it all day! We took him to see the elephants first b/c that is one of the animals that I know he recognizes. He just laughed and thought they were soo silly! It was so cute to see that reaction! Next we took him around to see the giraffes because that is his other favorite. We then went to the swamp exhibit and he saw the bears, racoons, and alligators but didn't quite get the same reaction as the giraffes and elephants. We were in kind of a hurry b/c we knew it would be a short trip b/c my parents said he didn't sleep well so we didn't want him to reach meltdown mode but he held in there really well. He enjoyed eating snacks in the wagon too. The last thing we did was let him play on the play area in the zoo. He loved this! He is soo into playgrounds and slides these days. It was a little crowded and had a lot of bigger kids so I was a little nervous he would get trampled but he did very well. In fact he cried when it was time to go! I can't wait to take him back now! Its sad to say the last time we were there was last March so we CAN'T wait that long to take him back. Ofcourse now he is at the age where he enjoys outtings so I'm sure we will go again soon! The weather was just perfect for the zoo though not cold and not hot! But it was getting insanely crowded by the time we left so I was a little glad we were going home! We also bought girlscout cookies on the way home! I was sooo excited about that! Love those things! I hope to introduce them to Colby later! So once we got home Colby ate then we put him down for his nap. It took him a little while to unwind I think due to all the excitement plus he had a cat nap in the car on the way home. But now he is sacked out! I will probably have to wake him up by 5. I want him to get up atleast with enough time to still enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment