Thursday, March 4, 2010

Middle Week Activities

Just an update on our week: This is mainly so I can look back and see what all we did!
Tuesday: Went to Gymrompers. Colby did really well. He loved the slides he can now do them with no help at all its so fun to watch him zoom down! He still loves the puppets and instruments. He still gets the kitty and the blue bells and does not want to give them up. He understands cleanup and runs over to throw things in the basket when the "clean up" song is sung but he just doesn't want to give up his "favorites". He didn't pitch a huge fit this time though so that is progress. He got trampled a couple times by other kids but he handled it well. He still shows no aggression to other kids. He just takes it all in stride. A grandmother there I think wanted to take him home she carried on how cute he was!
Wednesday: We did our usual grocery shopping. We tried to play in the yard but it was too muddy. Not a real exciting day just usual routine and staying around the house. Colby has discovered though a love for his new Scout Dog toy he loves it. He now takes him to bed and I hear Scout talking first thing in the morning so cute!
Thursday: So far today we have had a wonderful day. I decided to take Colby to the park this morning. Its a gorgeous day and since yesterday we didn't get to play much I figured I would try and make up for that today. I first stopped at McDonald's though for a chicken biscuit...I love those things and Colby always eats my hashbrown. So that was his first treat. I don't mind him having stuff like that on occassion as treats. So then we went to NORMAN playground in Algiers. Its right between Alice Harte and St. Andrew's. Its also across the street from the church that he will be in MDO next year. I love the park it has a really good toddler friendly play area. There were other kids there too which was nice to talk to other moms. Colby had a blast he figured out a new trick on the slide which is sliding down backwards on his tummy!
Ok so now I am annoyed..first off we get home from the park and I am trying to get chores done and Colby is constantly under my feet getting in my way...I know he's just 1 but seriously we spent the morning at the park playing now all I ask is 30 min to get some housework done...so then I go back in his room and put on his Disney music while I fold his clothes thinking atleast I am sitting on the floor with him what does he do come over and throw my nicely folded laundry all over the room...so he got a spanking and a timeout. I will not tolerate that behavior at all. So today I am definitely looking forward to MDO next year! I think it will be good for us both. I have just been feeling overwhelmed lately trying to play with him and get housework done at the same time. I guess thats the life of a stay at home mom well any mom really. And I hate to complain because most days I love it I just wish he understood that sometimes mommy has things to do! Well thats all my venting for now! I will post pics later I am too aggravated now!

No comments:

Post a Comment