Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So proud of my little boy!


So you know those days when your heart just wells up with pride over something your child does that makes you step back and say ok I must be doing something right here? Well I had that feeling today at Colby's Gymrompers class. First of all during the animal puppet time he always goes and gets the kitty. That is his favorite. Well usually he has a hard time giving up the kitty when its time to clean up. So today I thought I would sit back and just see if he would figure it out. So sure enough when they lady started singing the clean up song Colby ran to the bucket with his kitty. He was hesistant to put it in at first but the teacher said "thank you Colby" and he left it alone and ran off! This is probably the first time he has ever done that at Gymrompers without a fuss! So next comes the instruments which is also one of his favorite parts. There is a particular blue shaker that he always has to get. Well sure enough he had it well he was in the middle of all the kids and some little girl came and took it from him. He just sat there he didn't cry he didn't fuss he just moved on and got another toy! I was so proud of him for not being mean back to her. I hope he is always like this. So far this is the way he handles those situations another kid takes something and he just backs away and goes on about his life. I don't want him to be a wimp but I don't want him to be a bully either. I don't think he is being a wimp either when he just moves on b/c he doesn't even cry or come running to me for help he just goes ok I will play with something else then. Later on in the class the same little girl came up behind him when he was playing with the grocery cart and took it away. Again he just followed behind her and waited for her to quit playing with it then he took over again. No tears or fits just patience! I am really hoping that he has learned this from us that these are hopefully characteristics Austin and I portray and he is learning from us. Side note though: I really was aggravated by the little girl myself b/c she was obviously a bully and either time she did that her mom was right there and didn't even correct her or try to make her give it back ...in fact with the shopping cart she walks by me and goes ha my daughter just took that from your son and walked off...I mean what the heck?

I am just so proud of my little boy for all he is learning and doing! He has learned so much from Gymrompers it has built his confidence with his gross motor skills but also built his confidence in dealing with other kids. I highly recommend to any friends if you are able putting your child in something like this. I will for sure do this with our 2nd child too. So that is all my bragging today...I don't do it often but today I just can't help myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment