Friday, March 5, 2010

Frustrating Morning

So my morning didn't turn out at all like I had planned. I guess like the saying "We plan God laughs". I was really looking forward to today because it would be the first morning in over a week where Colby and I didn't have to go anywhere. Last Saturday I went to the movie and had to get him ready, last Sunday church, Monday we ran errands, Tuesday Gymrompers, Wednesday grocery, Thursday we went to the park. So ahh finally Friday we were just gonna relax at home. I like being busy and Colby likes going places too and it really is hard to keep him all day now but since I knew he would be going over to my parent's house tonight and we were going to the concert I didn't feel guilty about just having a home day.
So I woke up at 8 got in the shower, dried my hair then let Allie out and got the paper in. Then I went to wake Colby up. My morning was going just fine until I thought to check the phone. I always look at the caller ID like after I have been in the shower just to make sure no one has called. So when I look at it I see that our neighbor who is psycho called twice. I had to think a minute like wait the phone hasn't rung but then I remembered I was in the shower. So she obviously called while I was in there and I didn't hear it. Well then I knew there would be a message so I listened to it. She was basically telling me she wanted our dog in at 3 today because she was showing her house blah blah blah. So I called Austin and told him what happened. We both got all in an uproar because we are tired of her trying to tell us how to live. Yesterday was a big stink with her anyways. She called yesterday BEFORE 8 and I was still in bed so I didn't answer so her message was she had something going on at 3 could we let Allie in. So I figured I would try and keep Allie in her kennel until 4. We always put Allie in her kennel during Colby's naptime anyway. 1) because she enjoys her naptime and it gets her out of the rain/cold/heat whatever and 2) that way if she does bark it doesn't wake Colby up. So this meant yesterday she was in from 12-4. Well after I got Colby up around 3:30 I could hear she was getting antsy in her kennel so I knew she probably had to go to the bathroom so I said ok I will let her out and Colby and I will just go out too that way she probably won't be inclined to bark as much with us out there. So we all played out there till 4. Well I wanted to take Colby on a walk so at 4 we went in. Well during our walk Robin must have called because when I got in missed call and a message about how she thought I was going to deal with Allie. Well I did I was not about to leave Allie in all afternoon besides all that was going on at her house was termite people. Well I went out sometime after that to check on Allie b/c she was barking and while I am standing at the back door I see something fly over the fence. Ofcourse Allie runs to get it and I fuss at Allie to drop it and I see its a hamburger bun. This made me furious. So I took it and hummed it back over her fence. We are already worried about her trying to hurt Allie I surely didn't want Allie to eat anything that came from her house. So then Austin called her and told her she had no right to throw anything over our fence and next time we would call the police.
So back to today she called the 2 times. Well I am not going to keep Allie in from 12 until late tonight because we are going to a concert which we plan on putting Allie up for that time b/c it will be late when we get in plus we don't trust Robin. So since I didn't answer her calls the doorbell rang while Colby was eating his breakfast well I know it was her I didn't answer. 1) I was still in my pjs and 2) I was not about to talk to her anyways. So just a little while later the phone rings and its a different number but I know it was still her. So I really feel at this point like its a harassment thing. So dealing with all of this I felt like I was on the phone all morning bc I kept having to call Austin and then I was telling my parents about it all. So poor Colby while I am doing all of this he is bored so he just made messes all over the house. Which partly I can't blame him but that was annoying too b/c I now have tons to do but I have spent most of my day being stressed out. So at 10 I said well I will take Colby for a walk well since Allie was all stirred up in the backyard as well I said ok well I will try and take her too. Yea big laugh...you should have seen me trying to push the stroller and corral a 90 lb lab. It was a funny sight. But I felt like I had atleast done my duty to get the dog out ya know. Ofcourse on our walk though we went passed a house that has a huge rottwieler and he jumped up on his gate and the gate flew open. I was kinda scared that he would either attack me or Allie. I knew though not to act scared or antagonize him in anyway so I kept just telling Allie to come on. We eventually got out in the street and he left us alone. But those are the kind of people that should be fined not us. I mean their dog got out of his yard I could have called the police on them but I am not going to unless ofcourse he had hurt 1 of us. So yea my morning was crazy once we got back I tried to get some house chores done and Colby was just being whiny so I finally stuck him in timeout for 20 minutes so I could calm down and he could too. Afterwards the morning got better I got some stuff done he and I played and Elizabeth stopped by for a visit. I just literally felt like I hadn't rested though all morning...I guess that is the life of a mom anyway. But I was quite ready for Colby to take a nap so I could eat my lunch and rest. So that is where I am now! Praying the rest of the day goes well. My plan is to put allie out when Colby wakes up then bring her in if she gets carried away barking until 4 but then from 4 until 6 she can bark her head off for all I care b/c then we will put her in from 6 until we get home so Robin can just deal with it! But luckily we are going to the George Strait and Reba concert tonight so atleast that will be a break from the insanity. Colby is spending the night with my parents too which will be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment