Saturday, March 20, 2010

Family Ministry Day at MBC

Today was Family Ministry Day at our church. I decided that the best way for Colby and I to participate was to go around and hang things on people's doors about the church. The day started at 8 and went until 1 but I knew Colby and I would not be there the whole time. If we weren't having a birthday party tonight at my parent's house I might have been inclined to stay the whole time but its just hard with an active toddler. So we got there around 9 and helped them finish stuffing bags. It was about 10 before we were ready to start walking through the neighborhood. I went along with my parents b/c this was also the ministry they had signed up to do. They did most of the talking to people just because I was pushing Colby's stroller and trying to keep him happy. We ran into a lot of nice people though. Most of them said they were Catholic though. I was glad though that most were friendly and accepting. Honestly they were probably nicer then I would be if some stranger knocked on my door!
So anyways we walked and delivered about 20 bags. My parents were going to stay the whole time but Colby was getting fussy and antsy because it was stop and go. He likes being strolled but he likes a continuous pace. So we left and came back home. I am glad we got to go though and atleast feel like we were supporting what the church was doing. I hope they continue to have things like that because I feel like its good for the whole family to do something together. And even though Colby is too young to understand I want him to see what being a servant is all about. So that was our morning hopefully Colby takes a nice nap though since we are going out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment